Difference Between Textbox and Rich Textbox
Difference Between Textbox and Rich Textbox in Tabular Form
The Key Difference Between Textbox and Rich Textbox is that Textbox is used to display a single line input box. Rich Textbox is meanly used to display more than one line input.
|Requires fewer resources than a Rich textbox.
|Required more resources than Textbox.
|Here it is tuff to change the control’s functionality.
|Here we can easily change the control’s functionality.
|Textbox is used to simply take input from a user.
|Rich textbox is used to take control over textbox’s text (Like style, color, type, etc.)
|Textbox supports data binding.
|Rich textbox does not support data binding.
- The RichTextBox control enables you to display or edit flow content including paragraphs, images, tables, and more.
- It provides all the functionality of a TextBox control.
- It can handle multiple typefaces, sizes, and attributes, and offers precise control over the margins of the text.
- DetectURL: It will detect the URL and highlight it
- AcceptTab: We can set that, we want to accept the tab functionality for the control or not.
- Bulletlndent: We can set the bullet indent for the control while we are typing the text in the control
- VScroll: Occurs when content scroll vertically by mouse in the text element.
- HScroll: Occurs when content scroll horizontally by mouse in the text element.
- LinkClicked: Occurs when the user clicks on the link within the text.
- SelectionChanged: Occurs when the value of the Selection property is changed.